Chocolate Gingerbread Skillet Cookie: This gingerbread skillet cookie if full of spice and chocolate(!). Easy to make and featuring little bites of crystallized ginger inside and extra melty chocolate chips on top, you won’t want to pass on this treat!
I’m in a complete state of writer’s block right now. Like, I’m literally just staring at the computer screen without much going through the brain. To help myself out, why don’t we talk Christmas favorites? So… what movies do you like to watch?
Here are my family’s Christmas essentials:
- Miracle on 34th Street (we usually watch this on Thanksgiving to begin the transition into Christmas)
- We’re No Angels (one of our top favorite’s – you’ll ♥ it if you enjoy dark humor)
- The Man Who Came to Dinner – the 1942 version (another favorite)
- The Shop Around the Corner (probably our absolute favorite and one of our most quoted)
- Christmas in Connecticut
- The Lemon Drop Kid
- It’s a Wonderful Life
- White Christmas
- Sherlock Holmes – The Blue Carbuncle
- Poirot – The Theft of the Royal Ruby
- Bachelor Mother
Some others to check out:
- Lady on a Train
- Holiday Inn
- Snowball Express (not Christmas – just more of a winter movie)
- Come to the Stable
- The Muppet Christmas Carol
That pretty much covers it – next time we’ll talk music (woot, woot!). What are some of your favorite Christmas movies?
Well, here we are, six days away from Christmas and I have another skillet cookie for you. Skillet cookies are a good way to enjoy cookies without having to make batches of them, which is great if you’re short on time – or even if you’re not! Also good if you don’t want a dozen of temptations lying around… just sayin.
This recipe is adapted from Martha Stewart’s Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies. They are delicious in their original form (my sister usually makes them every Christmas season), so I thought it would be fun to transform into a skillet version.
Again, skillet cookies need to be eaten warm – this is super tasty with a dollop of whipped cream on top (on each slice that is – that little dollop on top of the whole cookie? Purely for aesthetic purposes…).
Something to note on the recipe is that it yields a thinner skillet cookie. So if you would prefer a thicker one, I would suggest doubling the recipe (or 1 ½ it).
Adapted from Martha Stewart